martes, agosto 01, 2023

Dual SIM Android using un-preferred SIM for data randomly

Hi there, I've been suffering the issue of my phone randomly connecting to data over the SIM which is NOT set as preferred, over Android 12 on a Moto G52 but I've found the same issue on other brands aswell.

 here searching for the problem but not related to OnePlus but to a Motorola G52 running Android 12, suffering the same issue. I'll post what I've done to solve the problem which was costing money to me aswell.

You need to set the phone to use data on your UN-preferred SIM and edit the APN. It was easier on previuos versions of Android but on 12 you need to have active the SIM you plan to change.

Then, go to Settings > Network and Internet > SIMs > Scroll to and select Access point names. Then tap on the active APN and change the content of the APN in use. In my case it was windtre.it and I've altered it to windtre.ittttt so I can easily go back should I need to. Then press the top tree dots and save the changes.

If everything goes as planned, you'll receive a notification saying the phone couldn't log into your provider data network, which is what we want.

Phone calls will keep on working as usual.


Si te hemos sido útiles, ¿por qué no demostrar tu agradecimiento? Haz clic en alguno de nuestros anuncios, nos ayudarás a seguir con artículos como este.

También te recomendamos que visites nuestra página "hermana". La temática es un poco diferente pero seguro que también a tí o a tus conocidos les resulta de interés:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...